Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Great FHE

A few weeks ago Olivia reminded us that we had not had Family Home Evening in awhile. As we began to discuss whose turn it was to do what. Olivia volunteered to do the lesson. A short time later we reconvened in the living room. After the song, prayer, etc., Olivia gave her lesson. I have to say that this was one of the sweetest moments I have had as a mother so far. She began by saying that she was going to be talking about prayer. She showed several pictures from our gospel art kit of people praying. She then did all the appropriate question asking, etc. After this, she said that we were going to play a game (she is so into having all the parts to a lesson, such as pictures, questions, games). She pulled out a picture of Christ and a little pad of paper and pencils. She said we were going to play "Pin the Prayer on Jesus". So we all wrote out a little prayer on our notes and hung up the picture of Christ. Olivia then told us that we needed to pin the prayer on His heart. I was so touched that I got teary-eyed. It was a beautiful moment for Mark and I as parents.

7 comments:

Amy M. said...

Pretty amazing. I bet you were such proud parents.

Zappe Family said...

That is so sweet! I love those teary-eyed moments. What a sweet girl.

Heather Graham said...

It so amazing to see your children spiritually grow. Some of their insights are so out-of-this-world. She is such a great girl. All your kids are great!!

cherlyn and family said...

That is a great story on FHE.
I hope you guys are doing well.

cat said...

cuteness. that is so touching. nice to see you blogging again - i have been checking...:)

Andrea said...

Traci--that is adorable. I am glad it is documented!!

Anonymous said...

Hi! What a neat story! Glad to hear you are all doing so well! Just wanted to let you know I check in on ya!
Tara, Rick & Abbie